Three Lynx Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to Waterfalls - Mt. Hood
Waterfall at the hydro project & where it drains into the Clackamas River
Three Lynx Creek Falls is a multi-tiered waterfall south of Mt. Hood.
Hydro Project location GPS 45º 7.613' N, 122º 4.447' W; Elevation above sea level 1320 ft.
Drainage location GPS 45º 7.492' N, 122º 4.549' W; Elevation above sea level 1200 ft.
Several tiers of the waterfall are visible above and below the bridge.
- From HWY 212 (Portland area) connect to HWY 224 and head southeast to Estacada
- Or, from Woodburn head northeast on HWY 211 and follow all signs for Estacada
- At junction of 211 and 224 in Estacada continue southeast on HWY 224
- Halfway between mileposts 44 & 45 (a little over 20 miles from 211/224 junction) turn
left (east) on Pipeline Road
- In one tenth mile note a gate***
- 3/10th's of a mile past the gate note a sign for Oak Grove Hydro Project
- Park just past the bridge on the left
- To view where Three Lynx Creek drains into Clackamas River
head further south on HWY 224 to a wide spot near milepost 45
(note caution signs before camping near the bank of the Clackamas River)
Various campsites are on road 224 before Pipeline Road turnoff.
*** Unknown whether or not the gate is closed on a nightly or seasonal basis.
Dinner Creek Falls is nearby.