Noonday Ridge / Blue Hole Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Noonday Ridge / Blue Hole Falls *** are east of Cottage Grove.
Noonday Ridge Falls GPS: N 43º 37.984', W 122º 36.311' Elevation above sea level 2600 ft.
Blue Hole Falls GPS: N 43º 37.983', W 122º 36.249' Elevation above sea level 2600 ft.
Directions: First to Noonday Ridge Falls
And next, Blue Hole Falls
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- Before milepost 11 look for a Parker Creek Falls hiking sign just before a bridge
- 0.6 miles past that bridge find a wide spot on the right side to park
- Noonday Ridge Falls is right next to the road - flow is seasonal
Rest facilities available back at Trestle Creek Falls.
- Walk 100 feet up the road from Noonday to find a path on the left side of Brice Creek Road
- Go carefully down the path to the creek (path is eroded in a couple of places)
- Head downstream (left) for about 100 feet onto the large slabs of rock and climb over a log to find Blue Hole Falls
*** Unofficial names for features about and near the falls.