back to waterfalls - Oakridge
Blue Lake is southeast of Oakridge.
GPS N43º 31.915', W122º 12.137', Elevation above sea level 5385 ft.
Trail starting point to reach Blue Lake...
GPS N43º 31.672', W122º 12.788', Elevation above sea level 5480 ft.
Happy Lake is two miles further up the trail. There is a waterfall shown on topo maps but may not be accessible.
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- ¼ mile past milepost 37 - east of Oakridge - head south at road signed for Hills Creek Dam / Kitson Springs
- After ½ mile turn right onto Road #21
- In another 29.3 miles turn left onto gravel Road #2149
- In 6.8 miles, where the road forks, turn right to stay on 2149
- In another 1½ miles park in an area on the left side of the road
- Blue Lake trail #3645 starts on the other side of the road - distance to Blue Lake is 0.85 miles
Bring the mosquito repellant.
Caution: Road #2149 suffers from washboard-itis. Several places where your car and your teeth will get rattled.