Butcherknife & Boulder Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Oakridge
Photograph specifics: Av, shutter 1/10 & 1/13, ISO100, lens 40 & 18mm, aperture 11, polarizer, tripod
Butcherknife & Boulder Creek Falls are south of Oakridge.
Butcherknife GPS N43º 32.41', W122º 26.836', Elevation above sea level 1800 ft.
Boulder Crk GPS N43º 32.24', W122º 26.766', Elevation above sea level 1770 ft.
Found this interesting structure near Boulder creek. It draws water from the creek and comes out the
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- ¼ mile past milepost 37 - east of Oakridge - head south at road signed for Hills Creek Dam / Kitson Springs
- After 0.5 mile turn right onto Road #21
- In another 16.1 miles find Butcherknife Creek Falls on the left where Rd #21 intersects with Rd #2127
- In another ¼ mile on Rd #21 find a sign for Boulder Creek on the left
- Park just a short distance on the right past the creek
blue chute. I imagine it's for filling a water truck. Maybe exhibitionists use it for a shower.
You be the judge.
There are some camping and picnic facilities on Road #21.
Flow is most likely seasonal for both.