on South Umpqua River
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Canyonville
Campbell Falls is East of Canyonville.
GPS N43º 3.144', W122º 46.214', Elevation above sea level 1430 ft.
Directions (similar for South Umpqua and Black Rock Fork Falls):
- On I-5 take Canyonville exit 98 (or exit 99 and get onto Main until reaching 3rd).
- Turn left at stop sign to go into Canyonville (1st St.).
- Turn right at next stop sign to get onto Main Street (note sign for Tiller).
- Turn left onto 3rd St.
- 3rd St. turns into Tiller Trail Hwy (aka HWY 227 - but no signs say this).
- After 22 miles turn left onto South Umpqua Road just before a bridge (east side of Tiller).
It is also called "South Umpqua Tour Route", County Road 46 & Forest Road 28.
- Note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer here.
- Travel CR46/FR28 for a total of about 16 miles. There will be a sign on the right
saying "Campbell Falls" and a wide spot to park.
- Trail to Campbell Falls is down the hill from the wide spot. Distance is
about 0.2 miles per small temporary sign at the wide spot.