Upper Chasm Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Diamond Lake South
Upper Chasm Falls is south of Diamond Lake.
Rest facilities available in the parking area. Guardrailed trail leads to many views.
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124.
- Follow signs in Roseburg leading to Hwy 138 East.
- At milepost 83 on HWY 138 (past Diamond Lake) turn right to get onto HWY 230.
- After 24 miles HWY 230 ends. HWY 62 West continues straight on (no turns).
- In approximately 2 miles on HWY 62 turn right at sign for Rogue River Rec Area
It will be at the north end of Union Creek (gift shop, store and ice cream parlor).
I gave this waterfall the above moniker due to a sign "Chasm" near a narrower
unpictured waterfall (foliage and rocks blocked the view).
It may have an official name - will research.