Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Columbia Gorge
Dutchman Falls are east of Portland.
Middle/Lower and Upper Dutchman Falls above Multnomah Falls
- On I-84, access to Dutchman Falls is a left lane exit appr.
30 miles from Portland (Multnomah Falls exit).
- This series of falls can also be accessed from exit 35 at Ainsworth and
heading west on the historic highway to Multnomah Falls parking area
- Or, take Corbett exit 22 and head east on the historic highway
- Parking, restrooms, gift shops and a restaurant are available
Total distance from base of Multnomah Falls to Dutchman Falls is about 1.5 miles.
- To reach Dutchman Falls climb up the switchback path (1 mile) to the top of Multnomah Falls
- Once at the top bear left away from Multnomah Falls to a gravel trail.
- First ones to be reached will be middle/lower Dutchman Falls.
- Short distance from there is upper Dutchman Falls with a fairly good view behind a boulder.