Echo Creek Falls
falling into Abiqua Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Salem
Echo Creek Falls is northeast of Salem, OR.
Photograph specifics: shutter 0.4S, ISO100, lens 64mm, aperture 20, polarizer, tripod
GPS N44º 58.795', W122º 39.071', Elevation above sea level 590 ft.
A distant roadside view - when heading back towards HWY 213 - reveals the waterfall as a two-tier type.
- On I-5 take Salem exit 256 (Market St. / Hwy 213)
- Head east on Market St. (note HWY 213 sign)
- At the second light turn left on Lancaster (HWY 213 sign).
- After 1.3 miles turn right on Silverton Road.
- In another 10 miles (while in Silverton) you will reach a three-way
stop sign. Turn left to remain on HWY 213
- Turn left on 1st St.
- Turn right on Oak St. (HWY 213)
- In another 3 miles turn right onto Abiqua Road NE (not S. Abiqua Road)
- In another 6 miles you will reach a bridge - park at the wide spot on the SE corner
- Walk towards the bridge and to the left to find a path down to Abiqua Creek
- Waterfall is visible 100 feet up the bank towards the NW
Found this interesting gapped three-tier waterfall 1.8 miles further south on Abiqua Road NE.
GPS N44º 57.775', W122º 38.166', Elevation above sea level 750 ft.
No facilities at either waterfall.