on the Little North Santiam River
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Salem
Elkhorn Falls is east of Salem.
Trail Start GPS N44º 50.038', W122º 21.036', Elevation above sea level 1260 ft.
Falls GPS N44º 50.233', W122º 20.596', Elevation above sea level 1230 ft.
The trail will lead to side trails for Elkhorn Falls in about 0.7 miles.
- On I-5 exit onto Hwy 22 and head east towards Stayton
- In 22 miles - at second yellow light just east of Mehama - turn left onto North Fork Road SE
- At milepost 13.6 turn right onto Elkhorn Drive SE
- After ½ mile park on the left to access Little N. Santiam Trail No. 3338
at the Opal Creek Scenic Recreation Area
Lower Tier of the Falls with a Pool (very rocky area makes it difficult to reach)
Appr. ½ mile from Elkhorn Falls will be an obstructed view of Triple Falls.
* named for nearest geographical feature