Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Face Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
Photograph specifics: sports; 1/320; aperture 4.5; ISO400; 25mm; polarizer
I can make out a left eye, nose and curled lip at the left center - see it?
GPS: N 43º 38.696', W 122º 39.787' Elevation above sea level 1820 ft.
Seen at the start of trail #1403 - Clodius Parnassian Butterfly on clover.
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road.
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- Near milepost 8 look for a rest area just before a bridge and park on the
left near the rest area (no easy place to park past the bridge)
- Walk along the left side of the road. Immediately past
the bridge is a trail marked 1403. Go downstream for 1/4 mile and cross a foot
bridge. This bridge goes across Trestle Creek (its waterfall on a trail leading upwards)
- Walk past the foot bridge for another 30 feet and find a trail leading downwards
towards some boulders near Brice Creek. Face Falls is visible from the boulders.