Fall Creek Waterfall
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Oakridge
Fall Creek Waterfall is 21 miles east of Oakridge on highway 58.
(same exit as Salt Creek Falls)
Facilities are available near the parking area (day use fee $5 or Northwest Forest Pass).
0.4 miles past the tunnel (0.2 miles in length) turn right at sign for Salt Creek Falls Viewpoint
- To the left of the parking area is a 3 mile trail leading to the falls
- Short distance from the parking area is a fork in the path.
- Take the Vivian Lake Trail #3662 to the left.
- At one-half mile the path will meet up with a gravel road.
Find the path on the other side of the road and continue upwards.
- Another half mile from there the path will again meet up with the road.
Crossing the road will lead to a different view of Diamond Creek Falls.
Bearing left onto the road will continue the Vivian Lake Trail.
- Short distance on the gravel road bear left back onto path #3662
(barely readable characters on wooden sign).
- Path #3662 will continue across railroad tracks (look both ways).
Once past the tracks find the path on the left (not the road on the right).
- Two small streams that connect to Fall Creek will need to be traversed
after about a mile. Once past these two the trail steepens until it reaches the Falls.
The view is obstructed.
- Remember your insect repellent.