Waterfalls - Fall Creek Falls'
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Eastern/Central
Lower / Middle / Upper Fall Creek Falls
Fall Creek Falls' are 26 miles west of Bend. Numerous water features on the trail.
Green Lakes Turnoff GPS N44º 1.754', W121º 44.135' Elevation above sea level 5440'
Lower Falls GPS N44º 2.302', W121º 43.881' Elevation above sea level 5480'
Middle Falls GPS N44º 2.722', W121º 44.094' Elevation above sea level 5800'
Upper Falls GPS N44º 2.969', W121º 43.997' Elevation above sea level 5885'
Upper falls is my favorite because you can get right next to it and put your hands in the froth.
- From Interstate 5 take exit 188A and head east on Hwy 58
- Past milepost 72 and just before milepost 73 turn left onto Crescent Cutoff Road
- In 3¼ miles turn left onto Cascade Lakes Highway (aka County Road #46)
- In another 43¼ miles turn left into Green Lakes Trailhead (between MP26 and MP27)
- Keep to the right and drive around to the parking area (Northwest Forest Pass required)
- Find Fall Creek Trail #17 near parking area
- Short distance up the trail cross a log bridge and bear right past the bridge
- Trail with little rise leads to the lower falls in about ½ mile, the middle falls in
another ½ mile and the upper ¼ mile past that one
Also access Cascade Lakes Highway from Bend.
Local Flora: Douglas' Aster
Steps 1 thru 5 are the same for Soda Creek & Crater Crk Falls