Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cascades
Gatch Falls is east of Salem.
GPS N44º 34.834', W121º 55.044', Elevation above sea level 2790 ft.
Directions: Two paths
- From Salem: Head east on HWY 22 past milepost 66 and turn left onto Marion Creek Road
- From Eugene: Head east on HWY 126. When 126 meets up with HWY 20 head east on 20 for
three miles until junction with HWY 22. Turn left onto the access road, then turn left
at the stop sign (HWY 22). In about 15 miles turn right onto Marion Creek Road
between mileposts 67 and 66 on HWY 22.
I am calling this one Gatch Falls because I had heard that it was near Gooch Falls.
- Once on Marion Crk Rd note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer
- Count up 3 miles to a place where a campsite is on the right
(as reference the campsite is 0.1 miles past the road signed as '820')
- Waterfall is about 50 feet upstream from the campsite on a trail to the left
Restaurant near junction of HWY 22 and Marion Creek Road.