Groundhog Creek Falls'
North & South Fork
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Oakridge
Photograph specifics North: AE, shutter speed 1/125, ISO400, lens 39mm, aperture 6.3, polarizer
Photograph specifics South: sports, shutter speed 1/500, ISO400, lens 18mm, aperture 5.6, polarizer
Groundhog Creek Falls' are south of Oakridge.
North GPS N43º 35.737', W122º 19.305', Elevation above sea level 4160 ft.
South GPS N43º 34.44', W122º 19.4', Elevation above sea level 4870 ft.
Both are roadside falls.
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- ¼ mile past milepost 37 - east of Oakridge - head south at road signed for Hills Creek Dam / Kitson Springs
- Reset your trip odometer
- Continue straight on this road (becomes #23) for 10.2 miles
- Turn right onto paved Moss Mountain Road (#2308) and travel for an additional 1.6 miles (11.8m total)
- Turn right onto gravel Little Willow Road (#2307) and travel for an additional 1.5 miles (13.3m total)
- A junction will appear ahead - continue straight onto gravel Road #2309
- Reach the North Fork Falls of Groundhog Creek in 3 miles along Rd #2309 (16.3m total)
- Reach the South Fork Falls of Groundhog Creek in another 2.6 miles on #2309 (18.9m total)
Going nearly a mile high affords you many great vistas along the way.
There are some camping and picnic facilities on Road #21 back near HWY 58.
Conifers framing South Fork's lower section; Seasonal branch falls from Groundhog Mtn before South Fork