Lwr Henline & Henline Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Salem
Henline Falls and Lower Henline Falls are east of Salem.
Lwr Henline 1/10S, ISO100, lens 18mm, aperture 22, tripod, polarizer
Upr Henline 1/13S, ISO100, lens 18mm, aperture 20, tripod, polarizer
Lwr GPS N44º 50.603', W122º 20.193', Elevation above sea level 1570 ft.
Upr GPS N44º 50.915', W122º 20.368', Elevation above sea level 1700 ft.
Seen in the area around Henline Falls - Spring Azure Butterfly
- On I-5 exit onto Hwy 22 and head east towards Stayton
- In 22 miles - at second yellow light just east of Mehama - turn left onto North Fork Road SE
- After 15.5 miles of pavement road turns to gravel at the national forest boundary.
There is a section of road about 5 miles from Hwy 22 where a slide occured.
This section is now gravel and is about a mile in length with a narrow area where it is one lane.
- In 0.6 miles you will cross a bridge - Lower Henline Falls is visible to the left - watch for traffic
- In another 0.7 miles the road forks at a sign
- Bear left at the fork (Rd 2209) where the sign says 0.2 miles to Henline Falls Trail
- Look for a small area off to the left denoting 'To Ogle Mountain Trail No. 3357'
- Fill out a Wilderness Permit between the dates of Memorial Day and Halloween
- In one-half mile there will be an area that appears to fork to the left and right.
Go to the left and find a tree that says 'Henline Falls - 0.5 mile' (it's actually closer to 0.3 miles)
- Trail ends at the left side of the falls