on North Fork Coquille River
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - North Bend
Laverne Falls is southeast of Coos Bay.
GPS N43º 15.407', W124º 1.633', Elevation above sea level 230 ft.
Upon reaching the park note the signs for the West-end day-use and camping facilities as reservation only.
- On Hwy 101 south of Coos Bay take left exit to Hwy 42
- At milepost 10, near Coquille, turn left onto West Central Blvd. (sign for Laverne Park)
- In one mile turn left onto Fairview Road (another sign for Laverne Park)
- After appr. 8 miles you will enter Fairview
- After 4-way stop continue straight to Laverne County Park - total distance on Fairview Road 13.5 miles
Move on by them.
Continue a short distance down the road until you see another day-use area where it says it is open year-round.
Day-use area is to the left and is $2.00. Full-hookup camping to the right is $16.00.
There is a children's play area with swings, merry-go-round, et al.
Day-use area has full facilities including a shower.
River has a swimming area near some chairs.
Laverne Falls is downstream from the swimming area near the camping area.
A very nice park!