Loon Lake Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Central Oregon Coast
Photograph specifics: portrait, shutter speed 1/60, ISO100, lens 49mm, aperture 5.6, polarizer
Loon Lake Falls is east of Reedsport.
GPS N43º 35.513', W123º 50.887', Elevation above sea level 540 ft.
Flow is seasonal and generally low.
- Thirteen miles east of Reedsport on HWY 38, head south on Loon Lake Road
- In seven miles turn right at sign for Loon Lake Resort (road is gated here)
- Drive to pay station - $5.00 for day use, camping is higher
- Continue to the end of the day use parking area
- Past the second restroom head right at the trail sign
- Stay right at each trail junction
- 0.3 miles you'll hear the creek where you make one more right to find the falls
Boating, camping, fishing and picnic sites are available at this lake. Lake is about two miles long.