Eagle Creek Fall's
Loowit & Upper Punchbowl Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Columbia gorge
Eagle Creek Waterfalls are east of Portland.
Loowit and Upper Punchbowl Falls
GPS N45º 36.5', W121º 53.117', Elevation above sea level 730 ft.
- East on I-84 from Portland: take Eagle Creek exit 41.
- West on I-84 from Hood River: take exit 40 and head back east to 41.
- There are restrooms and picnic areas. Drive up along the creek to the road's end.
Observe the No Parking Signs in various places.
- At the 3 mile point is a view of Upper Punchbowl Falls.
(my moniker for a punchbowl above the better known Punchbowl Falls)
- Continuing on you will see Loowit Falls on the other side of the river.
It has a tall punchbowl, a smaller fall below it (I dubbed it Little Loowit)
with another punchbowl.