Waterfalls - Lost Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to Waterfalls - Mt. Hood
Lost Creek Falls is on the western flank of Mt. Hood.
*The temptation would be to go to Exit 19 to get directly onto HWY 26 East (Division Ave.).
- From Interstate 205 take exit 12 and head east on HWY 212
- HWY 212 will eventually meet up with HWY 26. Head east on 26.*
- At milepost 42 in Zigzag turn left onto E. Lolo Pass Road
- After 4 miles look for a Y intersection. Turn right onto road 1825.
- After 0.7 miles bear right at another Y intersection over a bridge
- In a half mile bear left onto Ramona Falls Trail #727
- A mile and a half from there will be the Lost Creek Campground off to the right.
Instead, continue onto the gravel road that passes the campground. Road is poorly
maintained so go slow.
- 1.5 mile gravel road ends at the trail for Burnt Lake. There is a fee station nearby.
- Trail to Lost Creek Falls is about 2.5 miles. Once treading through several small,
narrow, shallow creeks along the way you are close to the falls. Look for a left branch
off the main trail. Sound of water to your left will guide you.
- There are no facilities at the trail entrance, but the aforementioned
campground has picnic tables and vault toilets.
This would put you through a lot of lights. Then you would have to turn right
on Burnside to continue on HWY 26. Don't be a glutton for punishment.