Waterfalls - Lower Paulina Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Eastern/Central
Lower Paulina Creek Falls is east of Lapine.
GPS N43º 42.816', W121º 20.029', Elevation above sea level 5446 ft.
Directions: Beware of Western Yellow Jackets in the area
Walking up about one half mile you will see the following sign.
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- On HWY 58 near milepost 73 turn left at sign for Davis Lake Junction/HWY97
- This will put you onto Crescent Cutoff Road (cuts off 11 miles on your trip)
- In twelve miles you will enter Crescent - turn left onto HWY 97 North
- In 24 miles - past milepost 162 - turn right at sign for Newberry Caldera/Paulina Lake
- After 10 miles turn left at the sign for Ten Mile Sno-Park and park near the rest area
- To the left of the rest area note the signs leading to trail 11
Go the direction of the left arrow. You will meet up with trail 11 (road).
Go left. In a little over half a mile you will hear the water getting louder.
Nearby is a well-groomed trail to the right that leads down to the creek
(there will be a small ATV symbol near the trail).