Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cascades
Marion Falls is east of Salem.
GPS3 N44º 33.988', W121º 52.541', Elevation above sea level 4020 ft.
Trail starting point to reach Marion Falls...
GPS1 N44º 34.606', W121º 53.658', Elevation above sea level 3342 ft.
Branch off of Trail #3495 to Marion Falls
GPS2 N44º 33.985', W121º 52.331', Elevation above sea level 4120 ft.
Directions: Two routes
- From Salem: Head east on HWY 22 past milepost 66 and turn east onto Marion Creek Road.
- From Eugene: Head east on HWY 126. When 126 meets up with HWY 20 head east on 20 for
three miles until junction with HWY 22. Turn left onto the access road, then turn left
at the stop sign (HWY 22). In about 15 miles turn east onto Marion Creek Road
between mileposts 67 and 66 on HWY 22.
Vault toilet available at trail start.
- Once on Marion Crk Rd note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer.
- Count up 4.5 miles to the trail starting point (GPS1). Northwest Forest Pass required.
- You will pass Lake Ann about 1.5 miles up the trail. You will need to
traverse several boulders near Lake Ann on the path to Marion Falls.
- A little over a quarter mile from Lake Ann the path forks.
Take the right fork marked #3495.
- About 0.1 mile from that fork look for a very faint trail off to the
right of the main trail (you know you've past it when you see a minor
mountain of huge boulders to the left - head back).(GPS2)
- Once on this trail look for a slightly obvious path as you head
for the sound of water. It would be helpful to leave marks like arrows
on the ground or other indicators to help find your way back. A lot of
fallen trees make it hard to see the trail coming back.
- Once you see water turn to the right above the bank and walk parallel
to the water (downstream). You will reach a precarious overlook in 100 yards.(GPS3)
Pass Lake Ann on the way to Marion Falls.
Pass Gooch Falls on the way to Marion Falls.