on Alex Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Moon Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
GPS N43º 44.141', W122º 36.665', Elevation above sea level 3000 ft.
Steps 1 thru 7 are the same for Spirit, Moon & Pinard Falls
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Roads #17 and #1790 before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends.
- Turn left onto Layng Creek Road (aka Forest Service Road #17).
- About 9 miles later you'll find a rest area and a sign to its right.
Go past the Spirit Falls trail access on road 1790 and drive a further
0.2 miles. A sign says 'Moon Falls 3 miles'. Turn left onto FS road #1702
and drive for 3 miles.
A trail marked Moon Falls will be on the right.
Drive up that trail for approximately 0.4 miles to a parking area.
Hiking distance to Moon Falls is ½ mile.
Spirit, Moon and Pinard Falls are in the Cottage Grove Watershed - so no camping.