Waterfalls - Paulina Falls
at Paulina Lake
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Eastern/Central
Paulina Creek Falls - Left and Right Halves
Paulina Falls is east of Lapine.
Waterfall has three viewing points. One is accessible directly from the
- From I-5 take exit 188A for HWY 58
- On HWY 58 near milepost 73 turn left at sign for Davis Lake Junction/HWY97
- This will put you onto Crescent Cutoff Road (cuts off 11 miles on your trip)
- In twelve miles you will enter Crescent - turn left onto HWY 97 North
- In 24 miles - past milepost 162 - turn right at sign for Newberry Caldera/Paulina Lake
- In 12 miles Paulina Creek Falls picnic area with vault toilet is on the left
parking area. A second is down a trail which provides a more complete view.
The third is on the opposite side of the falls. But, there's a treat. To get
to the other side you have to hike up a third of a mile to the bridge over
the creek. To cross the bridge you will see Paulina Lake.
It is a shame I can only produce a two dimensional image of the blue sky and lake
and the greenery around it. For now the following picture will have to suffice.
Glorious Paulina Lake
McKay Crossing Falls is nine miles back.