Pegleg & Blister Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to Waterfalls - Mt. Hood
Pegleg Falls (on Collawash River) at day use area
Blister Creek Falls after snowfall
Pegleg & Blister Creek Falls are south of Mt. Hood.
Pegleg Falls - GPS 44º 57.411' N, 122º 9.766' W; Elevation above sea level 2060 ft.
Blister Creek Falls - GPS 44º 57.541' N, 122º 9.544' W; Elevation above sea level 2090 ft.
Day use area for Pegleg Falls is closed in winter.
- From HWY 212 (Portland area) connect to HWY 224 and head southeast to Estacada
- Or, from Woodburn head northeast on HWY 211 and follow all signs for Estacada
- At junction of 211 and 224 in Estacada (note your odometer reading here) continue southeast on HWY 224
- After counting up 25 miles - near milepost 50 - HWY 224 ends (half mile past ranger station)
- At the Y-intersection stay to the right to continue onto Road 46 (note odometer again)
- In another 3.5 miles turn right onto road 63
- An additional 3.5 miles turn right at the sign for Bagby Hot Springs (road 70 - but not signed as such)
- After 5.5 miles find the day use area for Pegleg Falls on the left
- Waterfall is just upstream from the parking area with a fenced overlook
Just before reaching the entrance for Pegleg Falls you cross a bridge.
Walk over to the bridge and look through the foliage for Blister Creek Falls.
Closer views are possible by traversing a minor trail up to the falls.