Pheasant Creek Falls'
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - HWY 101
Pheasant Creek Falls' are south of Tillamook.
Pheasant Creek Falls - East and South
Road 8533 GPS N45º 15.088', W123º 38.61', Elevation above sea level 480 ft.
8533-131 GPS N45º 12.791', W123º 37.049', Elevation above sea level 1700 ft.
Trail GPS N45º 12.849', W123º 37.666', Elevation above sea level 1300 ft.
East Falls GPS N45º 12.448', W123º 37.752', Elevation above sea level 940 ft.
South Falls GPS N45º 12.4', W123º 37.785', Elevation above sea level 940 ft.
Nearby Clarence Creek Falls is accessible from a road just opposite where 8533 ties to 858.
- On Hwy 101 south of Tillamook enter the town of Beaver.
- Near milepost 80 turn onto the road signed as "Upper Nestucca River
Recreation Area" and "Blaine".
Note the mileposts on this road as you travel.
- After 6.7 miles you'll reach the town of Blaine. Where the road branches
note the sign stating "Carlton". Head straight towards Carlton on Road 858.
- At milepost 11.7 look for a right turn on a road between two fenced fields.
You will note the following sign for Road 8533.
- Reset your trip odometer at this time.
- The road will take you over a first bridge (ignore the right turn over
another bridge a short distance past the first). The road soon turns to
gravel. When your odometer counts up the additional 4.3 miles there
will be a road on the right. As you make the turn you will note small
signs on the right that say "Falls" and "8533-131".
- After 0.7 miles there is a wide spot in the road on the left for parking.
The trail to Pheasant Falls' is about one mile. The sign at the trail start
says "Niagara Falls Trail #1379". I believe this to be a misnomer. Using 3D GPS
measurements, and a topo program, Niagara Creek is no where near the location
with the picnic table near the southern waterfall. Niagara Creek is about one mile to the west.