with Autumn Color
on E. Fork Layng Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 0.4S, ISO100, lens 31mm, aperture 10, tripod, polarizer
Pinard Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
Trail Start GPS N43º 42.795', W122º 37.179', Elevation above sea level 2800 ft.
Steps 1 thru 7 are the same for Spirit, Moon & Pinard Falls
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Roads #17 and #1790 before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends.
- Turn left onto Layng Creek Road (aka Forest Service Road #17).
- About 9 miles later you'll find a rest area and a sign to its right.
Reset your trip odometer
Go past the Spirit Falls trail access on road 1790 - in 0.2 miles drive past
the sign that says 'Moon Falls 3 miles' - keeping right to stay on #1790 -
and drive for a total of 3.6 miles along #1790.
A Pinard Falls Trailhead sign will be on the right.
To the left walk up abandoned road 1790-439 (becomes Trail #1406).
Hiking distance to Pinard Falls is ½ mile.
There is a bench for two at the bottom of the falls.
Spirit, Moon and Pinard Falls are in the Cottage Grove Watershed - so no camping.