Waterfalls - Ramona Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Mt Hood
Ramona Falls is on the western flank of Mt. Hood.
*The temptation would be to go to Exit 19 to get directly onto HWY 26 East (Division Ave.).
- From Interstate 205 take exit 12 and head east on HWY 212.
- HWY 212 will eventually meet up with HWY 26. Head east on 26.*
- At milepost 42 in Zigzag turn left onto E. Lolo Pass Road.
- After 4 miles look for a Y intersection. Turn right onto road 1825.
- After 0.7 miles bear right at another Y intersection over a bridge.
- In a half mile bear left onto Ramona Falls Trail #727.
- After nearly a mile take the left fork for Ramona Falls (Lost Creek Falls to the right).
- One half mile leads to a very large parking area with chemical toilets.
- Trail to Ramona Falls first leads to the Sandy River in 1.2 miles. A temporary bridge
(late spring thru October) aids in the crossing.
- A short distance away will be a map of the area. Bear left onto the Ramona Falls Trail,
later passing thru a wood barrier and many water features before reaching the falls at 2 miles
(you could take the trail straight up at the map, but it has more rise and fall in elevation).
This would put you through a lot of lights. Then you would have to turn right
on Burnside to continue on HWY 26. Don't be a glutton for punishment.