Rider Creek Falls
& Terwilliger Hot Springs
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Hwy 126/Cascades
Rider Creek Falls is east of Springfield.
Photograph specifics: 0.8S, ISO100, lens 71mm, aperture 32, tripod, polarizer
GPS N44º 4.963', W122º 13.945', Elevation above sea level 1690 ft.
Day use fee applies. There is a vault toilet.
- From I-5 exit onto I-105 and head east to Springfield.
- At second light turn left onto Hwy 126.
- Drive through Walterville, Vida and Blue River.
- Between milepost 45 and 46 turn south onto FSR #19 for Cougar Reservoir.
- In a half mile bear right at the curve towards Cougar Reservoir.
- In another 2.7 miles bear right towards Terwilliger Hot Springs.
- In another 4.2 miles the waterfall will be visible off to the right of the bridge (total 7.4m).
- Park in the area just past the bridge. Cross the road and walk down the path to
get a better view. Terwilliger Hot Springs is further down the path.