Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Roseburg
Steamboat Falls is east of Roseburg.
GPS N43º 22.462', W122º 38.446', Elevation above sea level 1440 ft.
Another viewpoint is 0.6 miles further on FR 38 to a
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124. Note your odometer reading.
- Follow signs in Roseburg leading to Hwy 138 East.
- At milepost 39 turn left onto Steamboat Creek Road (Forest Road #38).
- After 5.7 miles make a right turn onto signed forest road #4760 and go over
the one lane bridge. Stay left at the junction.
- Less than a mile from the bridge Steamboat Falls Campground will be a
left turn off #4760.
- There is a pay station at the entrance if you intend to camp there.
Otherwise, pull up to the restroom and park there. The falls are across
wide spot on the right side of the road.