at Surprise Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Central Oregon Coast
Photograph specifics: sports, 1/400, ISO400, lens 300mm, aperture 5.6, manual focus
Surprise Falls is east of Reedsport.
Viewpoint GPS N43º 31.427', W123º 49.762', Elevation above sea level 470 ft.
Waterfall GPS N43º 31.477', W123º 50.010'
Only was able to get a view through the trees at a distance of 0.2 miles.
- Thirteen miles east of Reedsport on HWY 38, head south on Loon Lake Road
- In 13.6 miles pavement ends
- At Y-junction turn left onto gravel road
- Travel gravel road for 0.3 miles and park at a wide spot just before a gate
- Gate could be open or closed at any time so it is best to park just before it.
- Hike up the road past the gate for 0.4 miles to near the viewpoint coordinates listed above
- A view of the falls from a distance of 0.2 miles away can be seen from the road
Will attempt to find a better viewpoint without trees in the way.