at Sharps Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Sharps' Slider is east of Cottage Grove.
Photograph specifics: 0.8 seconds; aperture 22; ISO 100; 55mm; tripod
GPS: N 43º 39.734', W 122º 48.324' elevation above sea level 1300 ft.
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- At 16.2 miles on Row River Road turn right onto Sharps Creek Road
- Count up 3.3 miles on Sharps Crk Rd & look for a sign on the left for day-use (shown below)
- Hike up another 1000 ft further along the side of the road for a viewpoint (watch for traffic)
Day use area GPS: N 43º 39.91', W 122º 48.42' elevation above sea level 1230 ft.
* named for a nearby geographical feature - creek has no name - source 2700 ft elevation
I scrambled down a slope to get a better view. This had to be done carefully
- and always keeping an eye out for poison oak.
Below is a roadside view of a seasonal waterfall 4.5 miles past the day-use area.