Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Central Coast
Siuslaw Falls is south of Eugene.
GPS N43º 51.308', W123º 21.836', Elevation above sea level 560 ft.
- On W. 11th Avenue in Eugene head south on Bailey Hill Road (reset trip odometer)
- After 1.5 miles, at stop sign, turn left to remain on Bailey Hill Road (becomes Lorane Highway)
- In another three miles continue straight (instead of right) where there is a sign for Lorane
- 8 miles later turn left at stop sign for junction with Territorial Road
- In another 6 miles enter Lorane
- At the end of town, where the main road branches left, continue straight onto Siuslaw Road
- About 8 miles later - and half mile past milepost 36 - turn right onto Siuslaw Falls Road 20-6-1 (after a bridge)
Half mile down that road park at the Siuslaw Falls sign (total distance from W. 11th is 27.5 miles)
Park has a couple of picnic tables but no other facilities. Flow is seasonal. Note the fish ladder on the right.
Caught this Lorquin's Admiral Butterfly in flight near the falls - just before it left the view of the camera.
See the bulge of its eyes at the side of its head?
Photograph specifics: sports, shutter speed 1/1600, ISO400, lens 90mm, aperture 10