Smith River Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Central Oregon Coast
Pictures of waterfall during Summer flow (with swimmers)
Interesting vents in the rocks at the base of the falls
Smith River Falls is east of Reedsport.
GPS N43º 47.257', W123º 49.092', Elevation above sea level 176 ft.
There are camping facilities a short distance above the falls and a few miles below the falls.
- On HWY 101, 0.7 miles north of junction with HWY 38 in Reedsport (Hwy 101, MP 210.7),
turn east on Lower Smith River Road (aka Douglas County Road #48).
- Note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer.
- At 13.5 miles the road will lose its center stripe - county maintenance ends.
Road is paved all the way to the falls, though.
- When the total distance counts up to 26 miles the waterfall will be on the right side of the road.
- There are many viewpoints and plenty of places to hike down to the water's edge for fishing and swimming.