on Alex Creek
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Photograph specifics: speed 1/60 S, ISO100, lens 24mm, aperture 4.5, polarizer, tripod
To the left of the waterfall is a picnic table
Spirit Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
GPS N43º 43.844', W122º 38.487', Elevation above sea level 1900 ft.
Steps 1 thru 7 are the same for Spirit, Moon & Pinard Falls
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Roads #17 and #1790 before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends.
- Turn left onto Layng Creek Road (aka Forest Service Road #17)
- About 9 miles later you'll find a rest area and a sign to its right.
Take the road to the right and see the following road sign for "1790" with a trail sign in the distance.
Drive up the gravel road for about 150 yards and park at the the trail sign.
The path winds around for about ¼ mile.
This is part of the watershed for Cottage Grove - so no camping.