Steep Creek Falls
falling into Rock Creek
looks like a necktie
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - SW Washington
Photograph specifics: shutter speed 1/6, ISO100, lens 22mm, aperture 6.3, polarizer, tripod
Steep Creek Falls is east of Vancouver and NW of Stevenson.
GPS N45º 44.867', W121º 58.949', Elevation above sea level 800 ft.
Waterfall is visible from the far left side of the bridge.
- On Hwy 14 - 1.6 miles east of junction with Bridge of the Gods - turn left onto Rock Creek (near MP 43)
- Travel Rock Creek for 0.3 miles
- Turn left onto Foster
- Travel Foster for 0.4 miles
- At intersection bear left onto Ryan Allen
- Travel Ryan Allen for ½ mile
- Turn left (NW) onto an unnamed** road and reset your trip odometer
As a landmark, a sign for the road to the right says "Ruellen Rd"
- In 0.3 miles pavement ends, bear right at the intersection
- At the 0.7 mile mark keep to the right at the intersection
- At the 2½ mile mark stay straight at the intersection
- At the 5.6 mile mark there is a wide spot before a wooden bridge - park here
Trail down the nearer right side of the bridge goes down to Rock Creek -
a hewn log is made up as a bench.
** topographical program lists this as FR2000 and Snag Creek Trail