Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - SW Washington
Sunset Falls is east of Vancouver.
Directions: Common to Lucia, Moulton and Sunset Falls
- From I-5 exit onto Route 502
- Turn right onto NE 219th St. heading east
- In Battle Ground turn left onto Grace Ave.
- Turn right onto NE 229th St. (becomes Heisson Road)
- Turn right onto NE 244th St. (aka Heisson Road)
- Pass by Battle Ground Lake State Park (look for Heisson Store sign)
- Less than two miles from BGLSP you will pass by the Heisson Store on the right
- One-tenth mile past the store turn right onto NE 172nd
(there will be a power station at this intersection)
- In ¾ mile turn right onto Lucia Falls Road
Lucia & Moulton Falls
are also accessible from Lucia Falls Road.
- In another 5¾ miles turn right onto NE Sunset Falls Road
(¼ mile past Moulton Falls)
- Reach Sunset Falls Park in about 7 miles
- Park is a day use, fee site with picnic tables and rest facilities
(Northwest Forest Pass available at sporting goods stores)
- Camping facilities are also available
- Waterfall is visible upstream on the rocky riverbank