Trestle Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Trestle Creek Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
Photograph specifics: Landscape 1/40S; aperture 5.6; ISO640; 29mm; tripod; polarizer
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road.
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- Near milepost 8 look for a rest area just before a bridge and park on the
left near the rest area (no easy place to park past the bridge)
- Walk along the left side of the road. Immediately past the bridge is a trail marked 1403.
Go downstream for ¼ mile and cross a foot bridge. This bridge goes across Trestle Creek.
A short distance past the foot bridge look for trail #1403C on the right
and walk an additional 1/3 mile to the base of the falls.
Note the downed log below.
Be careful when stepping on the notch during or after rain. Wet wood has no traction.
Found along trail 1403 - Western Trillium and a variety of slug