Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Columbia Gorge
Triple Falls is east of Portland. Hiking distance is 1.8 miles - UP!
- On I-84 take Corbett exit 22 (note your odometer reading)
- Follow signs that refer to Multnomah Falls or 'historic highway'
- Approximately 15 miles look for the Oneonta Trail. Park on the
north side of the road.
- Cross the road and note a sign referring to Oneonta Trail #424
- Go up that trail for about 300 feet. Another wooden sign will
show Oneonta Trail going right and left. Turn left and walk up the trail.
- Appr. 1 mile there will be another set of wooden signs. One sign
will refer to the Horsetail Falls Trail #438 leading downwards
(to Oneonta Falls). To get to Triple Falls continue upwards on Trail #424.
Total distance from parked car to falls = 1.8 miles. A short
trail off to the left of Trail #424 will lead to an overlook to the falls.