Fern Rock Creek & University Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Coast
Fern Rock Creek & University Falls are east of Tillamook.
Fern Rock Creek Falls
Directions: Caution: HWY 6 is a very busy highway so use care when making the turnoffs below.
First - Fern Rock Creek Falls, GPS N45º 36.458', W123º 26.217', Elevation above sea level 1090 ft.
Next, University Falls, GPS N45º 35.983', W123º 23.62', Elevation above sea level 1650 ft.
- At junction with HWY 101 in Tillamook head east on HWY 6.
- Look for a "1000 ft." sign past milepost 28 (landmark). You are getting near Fern Rock Creek Falls.
- 0.3 miles past milepost 29 look for a wide area off to the right.
A "FALLS" sign 'may' be pointing to it from the other side of the road.
This will be Fern Rock Creek Falls.
The wide area appears to be used sometimes for a gravel staging area for
road repair, so don't be surprised to find mounds of rock at the wide spot.
Neither site has restroom facilities.
- Farther down the road near milepost 33 look for a Roger's Camp / Brown's Camp
sign on the right side.
- Turn into the road and notice a sign pointing right for University Falls
with a distance of 4 miles. The road is gravel for most of the distance.
- Follow the signs down to the falls. Where there are no signs simply stay
on the main path. Trail to the falls is on the right.
- Total hiking distance to University Falls is 0.35 miles.