Upper Trestle Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Upper Trestle Creek Falls is a two-tier waterfall east of Cottage Grove.
Photograph specifics: speed 1/5 S, ISO100, lens 18mm, aperture 5.6, polarizer, tripod
View from The Cave
The Cave (caution: drippy near opening)
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road.
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- Near milepost 8 look for a rest area just before a bridge and park on the
left near the rest area (no easy place to park past the bridge)
- Walk along the left side of the road. Immediately past
the bridge is a trail marked 1403 (path for the other Falls). The trail for
the Upper falls is marked 1403D just a few feet farther up the road. It is a
1.5 mile switchback trail that is inclined upwards most of the way.