Waterfalls - White River Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Eastern/Central
White River Falls are 30 miles south of The Dalles and The Gorge.
Source: White River Glacier on south flank of Mount Hood.
GPS N45º 14.592', W121º 5.775'
Access to falls is blocked at the gate from winter until late May.
- From Interstate 84 take exit 87 and head south on HWY 197
- Follow all signs leading to Dufur or Bend - continuing past Dufur on HWY 197
- Near milepost 34 look for HWY 216 to link up with HWY 197
- Turn left to head east on HWY 216 (note sign for White River Falls)
- Four miles up HWY 216 the turnoff for the park will be on the right
- Park is day-use (no fee) with picnic tables and a restroom
- Falls can be seen at the fenced overlook near the grassy area
- A trail leads down to an abandoned power station and a view of all three tiers of the fall