Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Cottage Grove
Zolotoy Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
Photograph specifics: shutter 1 S, ISO100, lens 31mm, aperture 18
'zolotoy' is a Russian word for gold. There is a former mining claim here.
GPS: N 43º 38.346', W 122º 38.126' Elevation above sea level 2200 ft.
Rest facilities available back at Trestle Creek Falls.
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- After 9½ miles on FSR #22 look for a wide spot on the right side of the road
- The waterfall will be visible through a veil of trees on the other side of Brice Creek
- A faint rocky path leads down and to the right for a better view
Some very happy rafters on Brice Creek just past Zolotoy Falls.