on South Fork Alsea River
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Hwy 99
Alsea Falls is west of Monroe.
GPS - Alsea Falls, 240m el.
Note: The smooth rock features at the base of the falls are
quite slippery. Use caution when walking on them.
The Alsea Falls picnic and campground areas are linked together via trail.
- Access to the falls is via Hwy 99W north of Junction City and Monroe
- Turn west one half mile north of Monroe on a road signed for Alpine
- Approximately one mile further turn left at the stop sign
- Follow all signs stating Alpine or Alsea Falls. Pass straight through Alpine.
- You will reach Alsea Falls after nearly 14 miles travel from Hwy 99W
- Park in the Alsea Falls picnic area (short distance past the campground)
- Site is a day-use (present fee $3) picnic/hiking area with a vault toilet
- Alsea Falls trail is off the parking area. Turn left before the wooden
Green Peak Falls is also accessible via trail from Alsea Falls.
Spotted this Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly in flight near the falls - and an American Dipper above the falls.