Upper & Lower Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Roseburg
These two roadside falls are west of Roseburg
East Fork Upper & Lower Coquille River Falls
Upper GPS N43º 8.764', W123º 46.996', Elevation above sea level 990 ft.
Lower GPS N43º 8.895', W123º 47.262', Elevation above sea level 880 ft.
Coos Bay Wagon Road turns to gravel after 14.5 miles. This marks the transition
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124.
- Head west on West Harvard for 1.5 miles
- Turn left onto Lookingglass Road
- After another 6 miles turn left at stop sign (total 7.5 miles)
- Go south 0.2 miles to the next stop sign - turn right (total 7.7)
- Travel Coos Bay Wagon Road for 19.7 miles to upper falls (total 27.4)
- Lower falls is half a mile further (total 27.9 miles from I-5)
from Douglas County (paved) to Coos County (unpaved).
Western Buttercup (Ranunculus occidentalis) near Coquille River, E. Fork.
No, it isn't yellow plastic.
Photograph specifics: Macro, shutter 1/250, ISO100, lens 55mm, aperture 5.6