French Creek Falls'
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Salem region
GPS - Viewpoint first three, 1km el.
GPS - Viewpoint fourth, 1km el.
Viewpoint to: Southwest ... South ... Northeast ...
... and down the road
French Creek Falls' watershed is southeast of Salem.
At the viewpoint, looking southwest, gives you first one on the left (viewing distance 520m).
- On I-5 take Salem exit 253 (Hwy 22) and head east
- At milepost 49.8, and just before a bridge in a 40mph zone, turn left
onto French Crk Rd aka Road 2223
- In 4.1 miles the road forks - take the left fork to continue on Road 2223
- In another 1.2 miles the viewpoint for the first 3 waterfalls is on the left side of the road
- Continue another 0.2 miles down the gravel road for the 4th waterfall
This waterfall is also the source for the 4th at roadside.
Turning slightly to the left look due south for the center picture (viewing distance 400m).
Turning farther to the left (northeast) is the 3rd picture (viewing distance 1.6km).
Panoramic views: due south and northeast.
Watch out for northwestern garter snakes crawling on the gravel road.
In the area: Shrubby Penstemon (purple) & Small flowered Paintbrush (red)