at Golden & Silver Falls Park
Photographer: G. Price
Return to South Coast
Golden Falls is northeast of North Bend.
GPS - Golden Falls, 190m el.
Directions: (same as Silver Falls)
There is a restroom and picnic tables near the parking area.
- On Hwy 101 turn east on E. Bay Road. This intersection is located
at the light north of the large bridge over the Coos River.
Be advised that if heading south on 101 there is no separate turn lane.
- After 2.6 miles look for a small bridge going over a creek.
Turn right to go over this bridge. East Bay Road continues over this bridge.
Watch out for small round white spheres. Golf course to your left.
- After another 5.2 miles you will reach a stop sign. A sign will say
Turn left to go to Allegany.
- Near Allegany a sign pointing to the right will say Golden and Silver
Falls in ten miles. You'll actually be going straight (becomes Glen Creek Rd).
- The remaining 4.9 miles leading to the falls is a gravel road.
Walk forward into the picnic area. Across a foot bridge is a sign that says
Silver Falls to the left and Golden Falls to the right. The path to the right
is 1375 ft. to the base of Golden Falls. The path is relatively flat and
easy to traverse.