Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cascades
Gooch Falls is east of Salem.
GPS - NFD Road 850, 960m el.
GPS - Gooch Falls, 935m el.
Directions: Two paths
- From Salem: Head east on HWY 22 past milepost 66 and turn east onto Marion Creek Road.
- From Eugene: Head east on HWY 126. When 126 meets up with HWY 20 head east on 20 for
three miles until junction with HWY 22. Turn left onto the access road, then turn left
at the stop sign (HWY 22). In about 15 miles turn east onto Marion Creek Road
between mileposts 67 and 66 on HWY 22.
- Once on Marion Crk Rd note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer
- Count up 3.5 miles to a place where an unsigned (NFD 850) access road is on the right
(as reference the access road is 0.4 miles past the road signed as '820')
- Find a wide area on Marion Creek Road to park near the access road
(there is a 'forest green' gate blocking car traffic on NFD 850 - no sign saying you can't walk up the rest of the way)
- Walk up the access road to a curve and continue to the right (about 0.1 mile) to a wide gravel area
(the path to the falls is just past the fallen log in the center of the picture - follow the sound of The Roar)
Restaurant is near junction of HWY 22 and Marion Creek Road.