Lwr Henline & Henline Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Salem region
Henline Falls and Lower Henline Falls are east of Salem.
GPS - Henline Falls, lower, el. 480m
GPS - Henline Falls, upper, el. 520m
Lwr Henline 1/10S, ISO100, lens 18mm, aperture 22, tripod, polarizer
Upr Henline 1/13S, ISO100, lens 18mm, aperture 20, tripod, polarizer
Seen in the area around Henline Falls - Spring Azure Butterfly
- On I-5 exit onto Hwy 22 and head east towards Stayton.
- Past milepost 23 look for a blinking yellow caution light - turn left onto North Fork Road SE just past the caution light.
- Note: Between milepost 5.0 and 5.5 the road is gravel due to slide activity. The foliage looks stable, however.
- After 15.5 miles of pavement road turns to gravel at the national forest boundary.
- In 0.6 miles you will cross a bridge - Lower Henline Falls is visible to the left - watch for traffic
- In another 0.7 miles the road forks at a sign
- Bear left at the fork (Rd 2209) where the sign says 0.2 miles to Henline Falls Trail
- Look for a small area off to the left denoting 'To Ogle Mountain Trail No. 3357'
- Fill out a Wilderness Permit between the dates of Memorial Day and Halloween
- In one-half mile there will be an area that appears to fork to the left and right.
Go to the left and find a tree that says 'Henline Falls - 0.5 mile' (it's actually closer to 0.3 miles)
- Trail ends at the left side of the falls