Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Roseburg
Jack Falls is east of Roseburg (roadside view - no facilities).
Upper, Middle and Lower Jack Falls
GPS N43º 18.996', W122º 41.402', Elevation above sea level 1240 ft.
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124.
- Follow all signs mentioning Hwy 138 East, Diamond Lake, or Glide
(stay in left lanes after exit - left turn onto SE Stephens)
- 1.4 miles past milepost 41 (did not see MP42) note a guardrail
on the left side (this is Jack Creek emptying into Umpqua River)
- Go past the guardrail to a wide spot on the right side of the road and park
- Walk over to the guardrail and walk up the east bank alongside the creek
- Find a faint trail alongside the creek to gain a better viewpoint of
all three tiers of the waterfall
View from wide spot in road looking back towards rusty guardrail
(note the other wide spot in the road farther down the way?).