Photographer: G. Price
Return to Columbia Gorge
Oneonta Falls is east of Portland.
- On I-84 take Corbett exit 22 (note your odometer reading)
- Follow signs that refer to Multnomah Falls or 'historic highway'
- Approximately 15 miles look for the Oneonta Trail. Park on the
north side of the road.
- Cross the road and note a sign referring to Oneonta Trail #424
- Go up that trail for about 300 feet. Another wooden sign will
show Oneonta Trail going right and left. Turn left and walk up the trail.
- Appr. 1 mile there will be another set of wooden signs. One sign
will refer to the Horsetail Falls Trail #438 leading downwards. Follow this
path down to a bridge to Oneonta Falls (very good viewpoint).
- Continuing past this bridge will eventually lead you to Ponytail Falls
and then Horsetail Falls.